I recently tried out the courier services of Johnny Air Cargo, particularly their proxy US to Philippines shipping. The Philippines is blacklisted in most online shops, that is why they do not ship directly to the Philippines. With Johnny Air Cargo you can have your items ship to their U.S. branches then they will ship it to the Philippines (collect) for you.
The process was surprisingly simple and straight forward:
- You’ll be required to fill out a JAC client profile form which their marketing department can Fax or email to you. (Tel. # 813 7227 / 812 4702 / 817 2989)
- After accomplishing the form you’ll need to send it back with a copy of 2 valid ID’s. You can either scan the documents then email them or fax it back.
- Once they confirmed your credentials they will call you back to confirm and send you their rates Proposal. Here’s the Rates Proposal they sent me.
- Now you are ready to go shopping! After your purchase you’ll need to forward the email invoice of your purchase to them for confirmation.
- After all of these, just wait until your package arrives. You have the option to either pick it up in one of their branches or have it delivered to your door step.
When specifying the shipping address to their US branch just use the address they specify and put your name their as written in the JAC client profile form you filled up earlier.
Their fees were reasonable and their service was very good. You can call their branches or their main office for updates and their employees are courteous and accommodating. Overall I really enjoyed my first online purchase and shipping it here using their service; it was easy and very convenient. I was able to do all of it without leaving the house which is still not the norm here in the country. I’ll definitely be patronizing their services from here on out.